Our eligibility criteria
Organisations can only apply for project funding if:
- the organisation has an educational objective;
- the organisation has at least 5 years’ experience in vocational training;
- the organisation is located in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania or Zambia and the project is being implemented there;
- the organisation has sufficient classrooms and/or workshops to provide the vocational training;
- the aim of the project is to improve the accessibility of vocational training for vulnerable and disadvantaged young people (between 14 and 28 years old) and to increase their chances on the labour market;
- a clear project plan and feasibility analysis can be submitted (and preferably also a multi-year business plan for the training centre and curricula for the courses);
- the application can be clearly substantiated;
- the requested amount does not exceed € 5.000,- and
- there is cost sharing (min. 15%)
If these criteria are not met, we cannot process the application and you will not receive a response from the Foundation!
Project funding is made available to:
- recognized educational institutions that demonstrably make vocational training accessible to the target group, and
- recognized local organizations (NGOs / CBOs) that conduct informal vocational training and empowerment programs for the self-reliance of the target group;
We only provide financial resources:
- to start new vocational training courses (e.g., to purchase teaching materials, equipment, and tools)
- to improve accessibility of existing vocational training (e.g., to purchase means of transport / bicycles)
- to increase accessibility to the labour market (e.g., to set-up internship programmes, learning-on-the-job trajectories and to purchase tools for starters).
The project costs are disbursed directly to suppliers in local currency.
We do not provide financial resources for the construction of new classrooms or workshops.
We also do not reimburse costs afterwards, so not costs that have already been made.
Submit your request in time!
The application process consists of two steps and takes some time!